[6bone] proposal for transfer of 6bone address management responsibilities to RIRs

Rik van Riel riel@conectiva.com.br
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:42:26 -0300 (BRT)

On 21 Aug 2002, Robert Kiessling wrote:
> Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br> writes:
>
> > Agreed.  6bone is essential for those areas of the internet
> > where the "normal" providers do not offer ipv6 yet.
>
> 6bone is a major source of instability for the production IPv6 network
> and thus hinders deployment of IPv6.

[snip]

> Well-controlled end sites and address allocation to them for
> experimental purposes is a different story, but them must be isolated
> so they cannot wreak havoc to the rest of the world.

Agreed.  We want to isolate the production and experimental
ipv6 networks somewhat, to make sure the production network
stays stable and won't be affected by instabilities in the
exerimental network.

I just hope this will be done in a way that doesn't cut any
of the current ipv6 users from the ipv6 internet.

regards,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/		http://distro.conectiva.com/