[6bone] SUNET announcing ALL IPv6 routes

Edward Brocklesby ejb@sdf.lonestar.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:12:29 +0100

Jørgen Hovland:
> 33 DEC.com

I propose DEC as source of ghost routes, mainly due to reasons explained in my
earlier mail to the list.  Of course, maybe other routers having this problem
too; this is why router version information is important (see below.)

> 12199  <- Nonexisting, who is using this?

Hmm! Are you sure?

 UUNET Global Research & Development (ASN-UUNET-RD-AS)
    3060 Williams Drive
    Fairfax, VA 22031
    US

    Autonomous System Name: UUNET-RD-AS
    Autonomous System Number: 12199

    Coordinator:
       Operations, Network  (NO37-ARIN)  netops@ENG.US.UU.NET
       +1-800-488-6384

    Record last updated on 22-Apr-1999.
    Database last updated on  13-Aug-2002 20:01:19 EDT.

>From http://www.arin.net.

-- rest of this route is certainly bogus IMHO  -- look, it matches the routes
I have.

> 145 MCI
> 7580 TRUMPET.com.au
> 10566 Viagenie
> 5408 GRNET.gr
> 2549 LACNIC.net
> 109 CISCO
> 5539 SPACE.net
> 8379 EUROCYBER.net
> 1275 C&W ecrc.de

> As you say John, OS and version if you are announcing ghost-routes please.

It would be nice if someone would set about collecting this information from
ASs (who might not be reading the list.)  I would be happy too (this problem
annoys me greatly), but if someone else in a more official position feels
they would rather do it, that is probably better ;-)

Regards,
	-larne.