Cisco support (was [6bone] routing problem)

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:45:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Michel Py wrote:

> > Paul Aitken wrote:
> > "Cisco" means thousands of individual people. It's regrettable
> > that any of them exhibit this unfortunate attitude, but I'm
> > sure no company likes negative publicity.
>
> You don't get it, do you. What if individuals that happen to work for
> Microsoft came posting each time someone said "Microsoft sucks" on a
> public forum?
>
> Fortunately, Microsoft employees don't. This is not a place for vendors
> to try to convince the audience that they do not suck, and this applies
> to Cisco as well as everyone else.
>
> People that post here typically know what Cisco's IPv6 support email
> address is; if they feel like contacting Cisco support they will do it
> on their own and I say again that you have no business reminding it
> publicly to the list.
>
> Michel.

Michel,

In every instance that I have had the pleasure of communicating with you
prior to this, you have conducted yourself as a well mannered,
intellectual individual.  What makes this case different?  In my opinion,
Paul simply posted information in an attempt to help someone.

Perhaps you have had some bad experience with Cisco in the past that has
left you jaded against anyone with an @cisco.com email address.  Please
refrain from venting this against someone who was obviously simply trying
to help.

You state that that Paul "has no business publicly reminding it to the
list" referring to his posting the cisco IPv6 support email address.  I
beg to differ.  I think that it is refreshing to see someone from [insert
ANY router vendor here] who is active and attentive in a public mailing
list.  Since Paul works in the Cisco IPv6 world, and obviously felt that
he could help, he posted as such.  I can't count the number of times that
I've seen prople from Vendor C, F and J go running for cover on NANOG when
someone posted a problem that might be a bug in their code.

Again, you have in all previous cases, presented yourself as a
professional, curtious, intellectual individual.  What about Paul offering
assistance prompted you to make an ass of yourself this time?

If you don't like Cisco, that's just fine.  The rest of the 6bone
community doesn't need to see you vent at Paul over that.  I know that I
for one am both disappointed and tired of it.

Grow up.

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
EnterZone, Inc            | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |