Cisco support (was [6bone] routing problem)

Jon Christopherson jon@jons.org
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:23:58 -0700

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 10:46:37AM -0700, Michel Py wrote:
> > Paul Aitken wrote:
> > "Cisco" means thousands of individual people. It's regrettable
> > that any of them exhibit this unfortunate attitude, but I'm
> > sure no company likes negative publicity.
>
> You don't get it, do you. What if individuals that happen to work for
> Microsoft came posting each time someone said "Microsoft sucks" on a
> public forum?

[snip]

->I disagree.  The ipv6-support address is *not* well-known, unless you
->happen to be one of the Cisco IPv6 EFT beta testers (which I am, so
->I know about it) - I am sure that Sascha will appreciate the direct
->contact into Cisco IPv6 development.

	I agree with your statements Gert.

->The fact that *you* seem to have a big problem with Cisco in general
->and every single person that works for Cisco doesn't mean everybody
->else agrees with you.

->I *want* vendor contacts that actually care about fixing things in
their
->software or hardware.  And I *want* vendor contacts to read *and
write*
->on public mailing lists that happen to see problem reports about their
->stuff here and then.  Be it Cisco, Juniper, everybody else.  (Well, in
->this place "... as long as it is IPv6 related").

	I am actually on the 6bone right now because of comments made by
Paul on this list. I for one appreciate his input, even if it might have
a Cisco ring to it. I have not seen much opposition to his input, but
have seen it help at least a few people (that I know of). That is good
enough for me.

->Gert Doering
->       -- NetMaster
->--

Regards,

--
Jon Christopherson
1526 580C 7D3F 1672 2290  9607 BE71 F972 8D03 1977