Cisco support (was [6bone] routing problem)

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:03:27 -0700

> What kind of an attitude is this? Someone has a problem,
> an employee of the vendor jumps in and offers to help them,
> and you COMPLAIN? Employees of vendors have the same right
> to participate on a mailing list as the rest of the world...
> If someone offers to help, you should be glad!

We have a word for this kind of people: Trolls. And they troll not to
help, but because someone said something about their precious product
being less than perfect, heaven forbid.

> Hey folks,
> while this is definitely funny:
> cr4.hamburg1#sh bgp ipv6 2001:610::/35
> BGP routing table entry for 2001:610::/35, version 201014
> Paths: (0 available, no best path)
> Flag: 0x820
>  Advertised to peer-groups:
>     PEERS
> Isn't it? As you see, the cisco knows the path
> but does not know any paths towards the destination :-)
> -Sascha

Note that Sascha never asked for help. The only reason Cisco jumped in
is to try to diffuse the consequences of a Cisco bug being posted to a
public list.

Just added to my personal troll list: paitken@cisco.com
(No match for Jim Fleming, though).
My, I hope they don't develop IPv8 together. Scary thought.

Michel.