[6bone] Re: routing concern

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:57:51 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Michel Py wrote:
> It all comes down to money. No operator is going to build an IPv6
> infrastructure without knowing the outcome of the multihoming solution,
> as they don't want to do the job twice, especially when there is no
> money to pay for it.

Network operators don't really care about multihoming; they already have
it by becoming "pTLA/sTLA".

Getting customers is another issue, though.

However, enterprises not going for IPv6 "because" of a lack of multihoming
solutions is, in most cases, just a good excuse.  If not for multihoming,
there would be something else; usually only rather big corporations
multihome using BGP + multiple advertisements, or similar other techniques
like more specific routes.

Many don't even (need to) know what multihoming means.