[custserv@netsol.com: Service Request Number: 1-UX4DN]

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:57:52 -0800 (PST)

 based on a brief mtg @ IETF last year, a few of the registries, including
 NSI indicated that they had support for registration of IPv6 "hosts"
 as nameservers in the planning process. For some, this winodw is short,
 for others, there are longer term implications for adding this change.

%
% What would be the most productive course to ask/suggest/pursuade all tld's
% to allow ipv6 domain name servers?  I presume this is a goal of ipv6
% deployment initiatives somewhere, if only by inference.  I personally
% am not a fan of political processes and agendas.  But I get the distinct
% impression that to get ipv6 in tld's globally, it will take some polticking.
%
% Any action/inaction items anyone knows about?
%
% Penned by Bill Manning on Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 09:11:34AM -0800, we have:
% | % > will come for that, it is not yet here.  But the time has come and
% | % > past to be able to register an ipv6 dns server.  Case in point that
% | % > this works, ip6.int:
% | %
% | % The nameservers for ip6.int's parent domain, 'int', are not under the
% | % control of NSI, hence these nameservers can delegate 'ip6.int' to (at
% | % least one) IPv6-only nameserver(s).
% | %
% | % --
% |
% | 	It is true that INT did allow IPv6 nameservers to be entered.
% | 	IP6.INT will allow IPv6 nameservers.  I understand that some
% | 	TLD nics will allow IPv6 servers to be entered, JP comes to
% | 	mind.
% |
% | --
% | --bill