[custserv@netsol.com: Service Request Number: 1-UX4DN]

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:03:23 -0800 (PST)

 Well, I've been gently hounding folk for a little while and have been
 doing impromptu surveys.  If folks think it would be productive, I'll
 be a bit more proactive and start publishing results.  Interest?

%
% What would be the most productive course to ask/suggest/pursuade all tld's
% to allow ipv6 domain name servers?  I presume this is a goal of ipv6
% deployment initiatives somewhere, if only by inference.  I personally
% am not a fan of political processes and agendas.  But I get the distinct
% impression that to get ipv6 in tld's globally, it will take some polticking.
%
% Any action/inaction items anyone knows about?
%
% Penned by Bill Manning on Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 09:11:34AM -0800, we have:
% | % > will come for that, it is not yet here.  But the time has come and
% | % > past to be able to register an ipv6 dns server.  Case in point that
% | % > this works, ip6.int:
% | %
% | % The nameservers for ip6.int's parent domain, 'int', are not under the
% | % control of NSI, hence these nameservers can delegate 'ip6.int' to (at
% | % least one) IPv6-only nameserver(s).
% | %
% | % --
% |
% | 	It is true that INT did allow IPv6 nameservers to be entered.
% | 	IP6.INT will allow IPv6 nameservers.  I understand that some
% | 	TLD nics will allow IPv6 servers to be entered, JP comes to
% | 	mind.
% |
% | --
% | --bill