IP v6 Security

Peter Pentchev roam@orbitel.bg
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:01:25 +0300

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 03:01:45AM -0400, Scott Prader wrote:
> * Bo Nilso (bnilso@csc.com) uttered:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Have listen to the mails about DOS attacs on IPv6 network.
> >
> > I have a more general question: Is there any FIREWALL SW for IP v6? Fuego
> > does not have it, Checkpoint does not state to have any product, Cisco
> > 12.2T is not anything to use on their PICS FW (as far as I have heard).
> > Have anybody else seen anything around? Have anybody geard ANYTHING about
> > products in pipeline?
>
> Yes, in Linux kerne 2.4.* there is iptables extensions for ipv6 as well
> as many packages and documentation (it's still growing, but usable..
> ping6, traceroute6,tracepath6, etc..

itojun's earlier message in this thread mentioned that KAME has a IPv6
firewall.  Just for the record, the KAME software suite is included
in most recent releases of *BSD, so any recent *BSD system would include
an ip6fw utility.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Hey, out there - is it *you* reading me, or is it someone else?