IP v6 Security

Scott Prader gnea@garson.org
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:01:45 -0400

* Bo Nilso (bnilso@csc.com) uttered:
> Hi!
>
> Have listen to the mails about DOS attacs on IPv6 network.
>
> I have a more general question: Is there any FIREWALL SW for IP v6? Fuego
> does not have it, Checkpoint does not state to have any product, Cisco
> 12.2T is not anything to use on their PICS FW (as far as I have heard).
> Have anybody else seen anything around? Have anybody geard ANYTHING about
> products in pipeline?

Yes, in Linux kerne 2.4.* there is iptables extensions for ipv6 as well
as many packages and documentation (it's still growing, but usable..
ping6, traceroute6,tracepath6, etc..

         .oO Gnea [gnea at garson dot com] Oo.
            .oO url [http://gnea.net] Oo.

"You can tune a filesystem, but you can't tune a fish." -Kirk McKusick