IP v6 Security

itojun@iijlab.net itojun@iijlab.net
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:56:58 +0900

>itojun's earlier message in this thread mentioned that KAME has a IPv6
>firewall.  Just for the record, the KAME software suite is included
>in most recent releases of *BSD, so any recent *BSD system would include
>an ip6fw utility.

	unfortnately, the above is not correct - every *BSD had different
	packet filters in it, so we could not integrate ip6fw to all of them.
	therefore, *BSD situation with filters are like this:
	- freebsd - ip6fw (yes), and ipfilter (ipv6 support - ??)
	- netbsd - ipfilter (ipv6 support - yes)
	- openbsd - pf (ipv6 support - not yet)
	- bsdi - ipfw (ipv6 support - yes)

itojun