pTLA request for IRCD - review closes 12 Feb 01

Guardini Ivano Ivano.Guardini@CSELT.IT
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:06:34 +0100

Hi all,

I fully agree to assign a pTLA to IRCD and Edisontel, and CSELT will work
with them to make some BGP4+ tests and operations to overcome the lack
of expertise they have in this field.

But reading their pTLA request I noticed a couple of statements I would like
to clarify.

The pTLA request should not be motivated by the start of IPv6 activities
within
MIX (Milan Internet Exchange). If MIX will go to experiment IPv6, MIX s.r.l.
(the
company that manages the exchange) should better ask a pTLA on its own,
following the example of other Internet Exchanges in Europe and US.

MIX has several Italian ISPs as members. It is not correct to say that
Edisontel is the only MIX member to have more than 3 months of experience
within the 6Bone. In fact, among the other members, Telecom Italia (through
CSELT)
has a 4 year experience on the 6Bone and is starting a field trial based on
recently assigned production subTLA.

Bye,
--Ivano