Which kind router can support ipv6?

Kristoff Bonne kristoff.bonne@skypro.be
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 10:39:10 +0100 (CET)

Greetings,

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, ยภตยะ๑ wrote:
> I want buy a IPv6 router .Who can tell me which kind router can support
> ipv6 and which is better.
You don not have a buy a new router for IPv6.

It is better to -either- take an 'old' cisco (spare stock, like a 25xx or
something) and install one of the 'ipv6 development' images on it, or
-better- get hold of a old re-use PC (pentium-something or even 486), and
install FreeBSD, netBSD, OpenBSD or linux on it; together with 'zebra'
(http://www.zebra.org/).

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
--
KB905-RIPE                                       Belgacom  IP networking
(c=be,a=rtt,p=belgacomgroup,s=Bonne,g=Kristoff)  Internet, IP and IP/VPN