6to4 relay router survey

Paul Aitken paitken@cisco.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:50:55 +0100

Bob Fink wrote:

> 6bone Folk,
>
> I would like to find out how many of you are deploying/using 6to4 relay
> routers at this time. Also, whether you plan to in the future.

Cisco has been successfully operating a 6to4 relay for some time, and we
plan to continue offering this service for the foreseeable future.
Feedback from customers has been positive, although we have more
customers with fully configured tunnels than 6to4 customers - I've
configured five new fully configured tunnels and only one 6to4 customer
this week.

> Please include any technical info, such as anycast (or other) use for
> discovery, and anything else you think relevant, e.g., platform...

We're transferring from a 4500 to a 7200, both running the latest Cisco
IPv6 EFT image. They're located in San Jose, CA.

--
Paul Aitken
IPv6 Development, Cisco Systems Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland. EH6 6LX