6bone via dynamic ipv4?

Secret Asian Man cchen@nougat.org
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:39:08 -0700

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 07:50:52AM -0700, Sarah Nordstrom wrote:
>  Looking through all the documentation and things, i haven't found any references to being able to (or not being able to) be on the 6bone if you have a dynamic ipv4 address.  I've looked for a provider that offers static IPs locally, but they all seem to be $70-$100/month, which isn't any good for home use... Can it be done with a dynamic IP?

The problem with having a dynamic IP is having to reconfigure the tunnel at the other end of the connection every time, which is something your uplink is probably not going to want to do. There is a service that does 6in4 tunnels to dynamic IPs, but the 6bone is not it :(

My idea if youre dialing up is to establish the connection somewhere that HAS a static IP, then dial in there...

Maybe your work would like to be Protocolically Progressive.

cc

--
Christopher Kyin-hwa Chen <cchen@nougat.org>
<http://www.nougat.org/~cchen/>