6bone via dynamic ipv4?

Francis Dupont Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr
Fri, 06 Oct 2000 11:27:48 +0200

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   The problem with having a dynamic IP is having to reconfigure the
  tunnel at the other end of the connection every time, which is
  something your uplink is probably not going to want to do. There is a
  service that does 6in4 tunnels to dynamic IPs, but the 6bone is not it :(

=> there is not true because you can keep the same (ie. static) IPv6
addresses. If you have a way to reconfigure the tunnel (read my draft :-)
then you can use the 6bone with trouble.

Regards

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr

PS: of course if you have an intermittent connectivity or your ISP doesn't
want you really use the uplink then you should go to a tunnel broker
service like Freenet6. My draft applies in the case of an Internet access
(not an online service) with an all-inclusive price.