6bone via dynamic ipv4?

Francis Dupont Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr
Fri, 06 Oct 2000 11:31:40 +0200

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   >  Looking through all the documentation and things, i haven't found any
   > references to being able to (or not being able to) be on the 6bone if you
   > have a dynamic ipv4 address.  I've looked for a provider that offers
   > static IPs locally, but they all seem to be $70-$100/month, which isn't
   > any good for home use... Can it be done with a dynamic IP?

   I believe you can use a dynamic IPv4 address for your tunnel for only as
   long as it is assigned to you. Then you would be using something like the
   freenet6 service on an intermittent basis (i.e., you need to redo the
   tunnel if you get a new address).

=> there are two possible answers:
 - technical one (or how to do it)
 - not technical one (or why your ISP doesn't want to sell real Internet
   access). In this case the "one dynamic IPv4 address" is only a part
   of the whole problem...

Regards

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr

PS: I am still convinced that home networks are an important thing for
the iPv6 future then we should keep this question.