2010::/16 filtering

Richard Draves richdr@microsoft.com
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:21:23 -0700

>   Is it possible to make the 6to4 translator appear under
> your legitimate
> prefix?
>
>   I don't think it's a good idea to let every "hey, I'm
> testing a new service,
> so please let me advertise a huge prefix" request happen;
> that will just lead
> us to a bad place.

6to4 has been accepted by the ngtrans WG as a valuable tool. There are
already two interoperating implementations that I know of. The logical next
step is to setup and start testing a 6to4 relay router. I think it makes
sense to do this using the real 6to4 prefix - otherwise we'll need a
transition from the temporary 6to4 prefix to the real 6to4 prefix. That
would be a bad place.

Rich