Two updates from WIDE

Peter Tattam peter@jazz-1.trumpet.com.au
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:52:02 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Bruce Campbell wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Bob Fink wrote:
>
> fink> Akira,
> fink>
> fink> At 05:10 PM 8/13/99 +0900, Akira Kato wrote:
> fink> >
> fink> >1. We got 2001:200::/35 sTLA block from APNIC. We will start
> fink> >   renumbering soon.
> fink>
> fink> Wonderful. This appears to be the very first APNIC allocation.
>
> It is indeed and the only APNIC IPv6 assignment so far.  Congratulations ;)
>
> On a related note, APNIC is also putting the reverse delegations for IPv4
> and IPv6 as the matching in-addr.arpa and ip6.int domain objects into the
> APNIC whois database and generating the appropriate zone files daily.
>
> 	ie: whois -h whois.apnic.net 0.0.0.2.0.1.0.0.2.ip6.int
>
> As IPv6 is relatively new, does anyone have comments on how to manage IPv6
> reverse delegations?  Bear in mind that a human editing the zone files is
> *not* an option ;) .

BTW, on the reverse delegation issue, it was a hot issue recently on ipng.
Most of us are stuck with manual editing at the moment.  I believe there sin't
a real concensus yet on the best way to manage automatic delegation.   I can
send you some templates of what I do manually though.

> --==--
> Bruce.
>
> Sysadmin, APNIC.

Peter

--
Peter R. Tattam                            peter@trumpet.com
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd