Two updates from WIDE

Bruce Campbell bruce.campbell@apnic.net
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:41:12 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Bob Fink wrote:

fink> Akira,
fink>
fink> At 05:10 PM 8/13/99 +0900, Akira Kato wrote:
fink> >
fink> >1. We got 2001:200::/35 sTLA block from APNIC. We will start
fink> >   renumbering soon.
fink>
fink> Wonderful. This appears to be the very first APNIC allocation.

It is indeed and the only APNIC IPv6 assignment so far.  Congratulations ;)

On a related note, APNIC is also putting the reverse delegations for IPv4
and IPv6 as the matching in-addr.arpa and ip6.int domain objects into the
APNIC whois database and generating the appropriate zone files daily.

	ie: whois -h whois.apnic.net 0.0.0.2.0.1.0.0.2.ip6.int

As IPv6 is relatively new, does anyone have comments on how to manage IPv6
reverse delegations?  Bear in mind that a human editing the zone files is
*not* an option ;) .

--==--
Bruce.

Sysadmin, APNIC.