GSE, future of Ipv6

Peter R. Tattam pete@trumpet.com.au
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:46:34 +1100

I had a read of draft-ietf-ipngwg-esd-analysis-02 last night with some
interest.

I have also browsed some of the more recent drafts if IPv6, and have noticed a
trend towards the concepts of GSE - am I right?

A few comments...

1) It is quite a paradigm shift, and takes a little bit of thought to grasp
the full issues, although if it could established, I can see some clear
benefit.  However getting the rest of the world to agree on the paradigm shift
might set the development of IPv6 back a few more years.

2) As I need to plan future development of our products, having a clear
direction of what has to happen vs what would be nice to happen are needed to
make decisions on that future development.

3) What are going to be the trends of global routing over the next year or so.

4) Is the paradigm shift needed yet, and will it's implementation slow down
the rolling out of IPv6?

Peter