Beta of IPv6 Trumpet Winsock release imminent, some musings

Peter R. Tattam pete@trumpet.com.au
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 18:02:08 +1100

some recipients of the 6bone list have asked how they can join our beta
program.

There is no formal process to join.  What I normally do is publish the
beta copies from our FTP site for all and sundry to grab. Betas are
released AS IS and no liability will be taken by us if something goes
wrong.

I make announcements of betas from the "trumpet.announce" newsgroup.

If your news site doesn't carry the trumpet.* newsgroups, they are
publicly accessible from newsroom.trumpet.com.au.  Please note however
that our news server keeps a historic list going back quite a way so you
might want to tell your news browser to "catch up" all the trumpet.*
groups and then unread the last 20 or so.  Other servers will of course
expire articles as they may see fit.

Peter