(IPng 3717) Re: proposal for RFC-1897 update

Alain Durand Alain.Durand@imag.fr
Wed, 28 May 1997 13:57:53 +0200

On May 27,  2:40pm, Bob Hinden wrote:
> Subject: (IPng 3717) Re:  proposal for RFC-1897 update
> Frank,
>
> I just submitted a new version of "IPv6 Testing Address Allocation" which
> allows test address to be formed based on the new aggregatable address
> formats and 64bit identifiers.  If the 6bone folks wish to do something
> more short term, your proposal looks fine to me.

I've just read Bob proposal (draft-ietf-ipngwg-test-addr-alloc-01.txt).
Sounds like a very good start to me for the new addressing plan of the 6-bone.
If our registry can allocate  NLAs (possibly to core 6bone sites), I think
we can move very quickly to this new addressing plan.

	- Alain.