(IPng 3717) Re: proposal for RFC-1897 update

davidk@isi.edu davidk@isi.edu
Wed, 28 May 1997 16:32:10 -0700 (PDT)

Alain,

Alain Durand writes:

> I've just read Bob proposal (draft-ietf-ipngwg-test-addr-alloc-01.txt).
> Sounds like a very good start to me for the new addressing plan of the 6-bone.
> If our registry can allocate  NLAs (possibly to core 6bone sites), I think
> we can move very quickly to this new addressing plan.

Our new registry can do this without any modification (check out 'whois
-h brind.isi.edu -t inet6num)', however we first need to figure out a
policy on who's getting (sub) NLAs, who's getting SLAs and how big the
(sub) NLAs will be.

David K.
---

Example (abbreviated) objects:

The 'mnt-by' attribute controls modification of the object itself, the
'mnt-lower' attribute controls *creation* of any new object directly
below itself in the address space tree and can thus be used to build a
delegation tree.

inet6num:  0::0/0
mnt-by:    IANA
mnt-lower: IANA