a new 6bone diagram

Robert Watson watson@ulysse.enet.dec.com
Fri, 17 Jan 97 17:20:01 MET

    Hi Bob

> I've recognized that this is a "sales" diagram as much as it is useful
> info.  But there is a limit on what I can and should represent with it.

    As a "sales diagram" for IPv6 this map down plays the size
    of the 6bone, but I don't see how it could continue to grow as it was.

    So maybe it's time to split it into regions (e.g. Americas,
    Europe/Afria, Asia Pacific etc) which will give new-comers a better
    impression of the world-wide interest in IPV6 (not just a US concern)
    and will help joining-sites to locate a suitable second tier transit
    router to connect to.

    This might also allow more detail to be added to the
    core <-> Second level connectivity (which will help with problem
    solving) and support the three-tier structure Alain was proposing.

    Bob

Robert (Bob) Watson			Robert.Watson@vbe.mts.dec.com
DIGITAL Equipment Corporation 		+33 (0)4.9295.9542
Centre Technique Europe, Sophia Antipolis France