6bone diagram changes

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 09:00:17 -0800 (PST)

> > I agree. Is there any offical movement from ukerna regarding ipv6, or should
> > we just go ahead in our own sweet way and deal with this amongst ourselves ?
>
> Hi
>
> Last I heard, UKERNA decided on a watching brief. (read: everyone else can
> do the dirty work.) IMHO, those of us on the 6bone in the UK should go ahead
> and sort things out as best we can. It's exceedingly unlikely there'll be any
> effort on the part of UKERNA for a long time.
>
> Jonathan

	I will note that I will not delegate any of the IPv6 entry points
	under the JANET/UKERNA ASNs until they come up with some guidelines
	on how to do sub-delegations to member universities.

	This may impact some of the activities of UK insitutions since you
	can't use the JANET/UKERNA ASN in formulating your IPv6 high order bits.

--
--bill