6bone diagram changes

Jonathan Day jcday@jpd.ch.man.ac.uk
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 15:29:30 +0000 (GMT)

> I agree. Is there any offical movement from ukerna regarding ipv6, or should
> we just go ahead in our own sweet way and deal with this amongst ourselves ?

Hi

Last I heard, UKERNA decided on a watching brief. (read: everyone else can
do the dirty work.) IMHO, those of us on the 6bone in the UK should go ahead
and sort things out as best we can. It's exceedingly unlikely there'll be any
effort on the part of UKERNA for a long time.

More importantly, from a research point of view, your best bet when applying
for research grants is to do something new, and good papers written early will
do better on the citation index than good papers written when everything's
been done. It's sad when research has to be so mercenary, but it also means
you can't wait for drifters.

Jonathan