RIPng problems with INRIA code over 6bone tunnel

Jimmy Kyriannis jimmy.kyriannis@nyu.edu
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 20:50:15 -0500

I realize this may not be a direct 6bone issue, but this seems like a good
place to start since someone on this list may have experience with this
problem.

I'm trying to set up a 6bone tunnel to BAY/US.  I can create a tunnel fine,
and if I create a static route pointing to BAY, I can reach the 6bone.
However, I can't appear to be able to get RIPng (via the ndpd-router
daemon) to pick up any routes from the other side of the tunnel.  I'm
fairly sure this is my problem, as I can't find a great deal of
documentation on the INRIA tunnel mechanism via the SIT interface.

Could someone please e-mail me a sample /etc/rc.ipv6 (or the analogous
script) that sets up their network interfaces and gets RIPng going?

Thanks very much,

Jimmy