How to configure a tunnel

Masaki Hirabaru masaki@merit.edu
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 19:28:25 -0400

6bone folks,

Hi. I'd like to know how to configure a tunnel to 6bone or which
implementation freely available supports configured tunneling.

I tried to use solaris ipv6 first, but it seems to support only
automatic tunneling. I next tried to check freebsd INRIA version,
which supports automatic tunneling, but I'm not sure if it
supports configured tunneling.

By the way, I sent the following message before, but it seems not
to reach at the 6bone mailing-list. I don't know the
reason. Anyway, we're going to join 6bone when we are ready.

Masaki

To: 6bone@isi.edu
cc: GeertJan.deGroot@ripe.net
Cc: labovit@merit.edu
Subject: Join 6bone
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 1996 14:14:52 -0400
From: Masaki Hirabaru <masaki@merit.edu>

6bone folks,

I heard from Jun about 6bone after IETF meeting in Montreal was
over. Craig Labovitz and I at Merit are much interested in
joining 6bone in order to run MRT (Multi-threaded Routing
Toolkit), which supports RIPng now, under real & wider v6
environment. I'd like to know who I should ask to connect our v6
island to the 6bone. Thanks.

Masaki Hirabaru
a member of WIDE Project
but currently with Merit