[6bone] A list of 3FFEs still in the routing tables

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 12 12:31:40 PDT 2006

On Jun 12, 2006, at 05:37, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> At 10:56 AM 12-06-06 +0200, Pim van Pelt wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 10:49:01AM +0200, Henk Uijterwaal wrote:
>> | 6 prefixes have disappeared but we still see 23 of them:
>> |
>> SixXS sees 19 prefixes today. Note that this was approximately 80
>> just
>> before 6/6/2006, so I think we are making good progress.
>
> I have sent out another 7 targetted notices today for ASNs:
> 3582, 4555, 29216, 16838, 3263, 3, and 293.
>
> -Hank

By "targetted notices" I assume you mean email directly to
responsible people listed for the ASN, not those in the 6bone
registry?  In MIT's case, that's two non-overlapping sets of people,
and I'm in the latter set.

As far as I can tell, we at MIT (AS 3) have stopped advertising 3ffe:
1ce1::/32 as of a few days ago (not 6/6/6, but soon after).  Just to
be sure, I took down our end of our old 6bone tunnel to MCI and the
BGP association about nine hours ago, in case they're still accepting
and passing 6bone routes and I'm misreading my config file.  Yet the
looking glass at sixxs is still showing me it's receiving a path via
Hurricane Electric and MCI (and a bunch of sites in between),
directly from HE and via other sites.

I'll track down the MCI contact address and ask if maybe they're
advertising a route for us rather than passing on our advertisement
if/when we send it to them...

Ken