[6bone] .int / .arpa

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon Feb 21 13:34:01 PST 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 07:09:49PM +0000, FRLinux wrote:
> I disagree with that. I have started ipv6 with ip6.arpa until i noticed
> that some sites on the outside world couldn't resolve properly (read,
> were taking a long time to resolve, it successful) which is why i *had
> to* use ip6.int as well for our (read, both home and work, since i work
> in a place which likes ipv6) zone.

And *this* is why ip6.int should be have been switched off at the root,
one year ago.  Not even a "big bang", more a "slight puff", and then
people get to finally upgrade their broken software.

Your way, we get to support ip6.int forever, because there's always a
broken system out there to babysit for.

(I'm not sure either why a non-existing ip6.int delegation - as opposed
to a lame delegation - would lead to "slow DNS resolving", though)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  71007  (66629)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299