[6bone] .int / .arpa

Brian Haberman brian at innovationslab.net
Mon Feb 21 07:32:31 PST 2005

On Feb 17, 2005, at 17:49, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> On 17-feb-05, at 23:17, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>
>>> Then to think someone who will remain nameless to protect the guilty
>>> wanted to obsolete ip6.int last year, less than a year after the
>>> publication of RFC 3596...
>
> I meant "shut down".
>
>> You didn't see:
>
>> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ draft-huston-ip6-int-01.txt
>
>> yet?
>
> Nope... 5648 unread messages in my ietf-announce box.  :-)
>
> What is the purpose of this document anyway? ip6.int is deprecated, no
> need to beat a dead horse.

The goal is to get the registries to act asap on cleaning up
the DNS hierarchy.  If anyone has comments on this draft, the
authors (and the IAB) would love to hear them!

As background, this draft is a part of a larger effort by the IAB to
help get the registries all working from the correct set of RFCs.

Regards,
Brian