[6bone] .int / .arpa

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Wed Feb 16 01:20:51 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 08:04 +0100, Mariusz Woźniak wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I need advice. I have working revDNS zone for my subnet (.ip6.arpa), but
>i still need ip6.int.

For what do you need ip6.int?
By now (ip6.int was deprecated 4 years ago!) you should have switched
everything to ip6.arpa already.

>Is there any record "like CNAME" which can i put
>in arpa zone file for ip6.int records ? Or i just have to make 2nd zone
>file with int records ?

What you can do is a DNAME:

ip6.int DNAME ip6.arpa.

Put that in any of your DNS servers which you use for resolving as
authoritative and you are done.

eg:

$ dig @ns1.sixxs.net remove.ip6.int
<SNIP>
;; ANSWER SECTION:
ip6.int.                604800  IN      DNAME   ip6.arpa.
remove.ip6.int.         0       IN      CNAME   remove.ip6.arpa.

Greets,
 Jeroen