[6bone] Request: two 6bone pTLAs

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Thu May 13 03:21:00 PDT 2004

On 12-mei-04, at 17:17, Bob Fink wrote:

> Also, given the process already gone through to draw up a 6bone
> community accepted phaseout plan, which was strongly supported by the
> IETF community with the approval of RFC 3701, no new 6bone 3FFE pTLA's
> can be allocated. I've enclosed the relevant part of RFC 3701 here:

[...]

>>    Thus after the pTLA allocation cutoff date January 1, 2004, it is
>>    REQUIRED that no new 6bone 3FFE pTLAs be allocated.

If you guys feel it's important to stick to this, then the obvious
conclusion is that we'll have to use existing 6bone pTLAs for this.

(Use of RFC 2119 terminology in informational RFCs in inappropriate,
BTW.)

Within a few days, I'll send out a message three or so relevant
mailinglists asking people who are about to return their pTLAs to make
them available for this purpose instead.