[6bone] Ipv6 Enabled Web Site

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Wed Jul 21 06:12:52 PDT 2004

[Errgh, I really shouldn't be posting here as it is the "out of office"
trap I've seen so far]

On 21-jul-04, at 14:22, Gav wrote:

> | Listen 80

> doing a netstat -an , it shows no sockets are listening for IPv6.

Are you sure your binary supports IPv6? Or maybe there are other
"listen" directives in the config?

With the above "listen" directive you should be able to do

telnet ::1 80

to connect to Apache. For me, this works both on my iBook when it used
to have MacOS Jaguar and now that it has Panther, and on FreeBSD.

> So all I am getting is v4 connections, even when I specify v6
> addresses in
> the NameVirtualHost and VirtualHosts.

Forget the virtual hosts for now.