[6bone] Ipv6 Enabled Web Site

Gav old_mc_donald at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 05:22:51 PDT 2004

Janos,

| Try simply:
| Listen 80
|
| And check whether you have apache listening on IPv6 socket. If yes you
| might have syntax problem.
|
| Did you look at this page?
| http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/bind.html#ipv6
|
| Regards,
|
| Janos Mohacsi

Yes, Listen 80 works, and is what I had before , but from reading the page
above (as I had before) it
confused me into thinking I needed to separate sockets, one for v4 and one
v6.

doing a netstat -an , it shows no sockets are listening for IPv6.

So all I am getting is v4 connections, even when I specify v6 addresses in
the NameVirtualHost and VirtualHosts.

What have I missed so that I can get Listening for v6 connections.

Having searched round the internet for answers, I seem to get the same
familiar names crop up, Jeroen, Itogen, Robert etc etc so I hope you don't
mind me just staying here until its resolved as you guys are the only ones
it seems that know these things.

:)

If you need more details, printouts, httpd.conf etc just ask and I'll post
them right away.
This is bugging me now, I thought this was going to be easy!

Gav...