[6bone] non-global address space for IXs (was: 2001:478:: as /48)

Alexander Koch koch@tiscali.net
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 00:09:09 +0200

On Mon, 8 September 2003 14:48:37 -0700, Stephen Stuart wrote:
> If you've read the page and have questions, I'm happy to try to answer

Ok, why can ppl only do v6 transit (or rather: allowed to
carry it, more or less, as transit is difficult to say as
too many ppl distribute routes in v6 regardless) for the
node in PAIX? After all we are speaking about IPv6, not much
traffic or damage there, I think.

> them. If you discussed the page in detail with Joe, though, I don't
> know that I'd be able to supply much in the way of additional
> information.

He just said no and mentioned some internal discussion. I'm
merely curious as for the reasoning and implications about
the various nodes and what is good or bad. I did not want to
step on other ppl toes though which I seem to have done.
CPU/ query load can't be the issue, it's IPv6 we speak of...

Regards,
Alexander

--
Alexander Koch <koch@tiscali.net> / ako4-ripe
IP Engineering, Tiscali International Network