ignoring no-export [Re: [6bone] non-global address space for IXs (was: 2001:478:: as /48)]

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:53:40 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, John Fraizer wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Pekka Savola wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, John Fraizer wrote:
> > > known" community "no-export".  Every compliant BGP implementation honors
> > > no-export unless you explicitly strip that community from routes on their
> > > way in.
> > [...]
> >
> > Unfortunately, Cisco does not belong to this category.  Yes, they're aware
> > of the problem, there's a PR.. and they've given it quite a low priority.
>
> Um, which train?  No-export works just fine on our Cisco 7513:

All trains AFAIR.

To be precise, I meant the problems "when you routinely scrub out
communities you receive from peers, no-export is not treated specially and
is removed too", and "you must configure send-community towards the peer,
otherwise your no-export doesn't get there in the first place" (the latter
is probably a smaller problem).

It's honored, when it exists, all right.