[6bone] non-global address space for IXs

Robert Kiessling Robert.Kiessling@de.easynet.net
Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:55:45 +0100

Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU> writes:

> 	This snippet may be useful.  Some of us -REALLY- tried to
> 	not have non-aggregatable "holes" in the IPv6 space by
> 	making use of IPv6 features. Unfortunately, others were unwilling
> 	to make the changes in mindset.  Link-local use at/over
> 	exchanges would have been so much nicer.

I don't think that hiding IXPs from traceroutes is much nicer.

And then there's implementation issues - more complex, so more
possibilities for errors (right ICMP source address, etc.).

Robert