[6bone] Is minimum allocation /64 now?

Anne Lord anne@apnic.net
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:46:36 +1000 (EST)

hi Dan,

> Ok my mistake... substitute the phrase "is currently" for "has traditionally
> been"
>
> Does this mean that things are finally starting to improve? I certainly hope
> so! Half the sixbone movement has been based upon the trends of asiapac and
> europe having far fewer v4 IPs to work with than north america for example.

The trends started changing in 2000/2001.  APNIC allocated more IP
addresses than the other RIRs in 2002 and in 2001 APNIC allocated
more addresses than the RIPE NCC.

> But still, that doesnt excuse the fact that we've been waiting *weeks* now
> for a v6 /32 allocation from you guys.

Strange. With the one-day turnaround time, IPv6 requests are usually
processed very quickly.  If you can supply me with a ticket number
I would be happy to follow this up with you off-line.

cheers,
Anne