[6bone] Is minimum allocation /64 now?

Dan Reeder dan@reeder.name
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:16:20 +1000

> >help but think that there will be an IP shortage somewhere in our solar
> >system similar to what asia pacific is currently suffering under v4.
>                                        ^^^^^^^^^
> The current allocation rates for the Asia Pacific region
> _exceed_ those of all other RIR regions as you can see in the
> presentation below, slide 3: 'IPv4 allocations from RIRs to LIRs/ISPs,
> yearly comparison - Jun 30, 2003':

Ok my mistake... substitute the phrase "is currently" for "has traditionally
been"

Does this mean that things are finally starting to improve? I certainly hope
so! Half the sixbone movement has been based upon the trends of asiapac and
europe having far fewer v4 IPs to work with than north america for example.

But still, that doesnt excuse the fact that we've been waiting *weeks* now
for a v6 /32 allocation from you guys.

Dan Reeder