[6bone] Is minimum allocation /64 now?

Tim Chown tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:14:37 +0100

As an ISP you can allocate whatever you like.

There will be enough ISPs offering homes /48's and certainly /64's that
those that offer a /126 will simply lose business to the more forward
looking suppliers.

Customers who think NAT=security can continue to use IPv4.  Noone is forcing
them to use IPv6.

Yes I do think every home LAN should get a /48, and a static one.  That
means the ISP needs a lot more than a /32 though.

Tim