[6bone] Is minimum allocation /64 now?

Gav old_mc_donald@hotmail.com
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:34:46 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Reeder" <dan@reeder.name>

Or do you reckon every user in the world (eg
| dialup, home dsl) should be assigned a /64 via something like PPP in the
off
| chance they do want to some subnetting?

I don't pretend to understand all of this, but we are (as we always do)
thinking in terms of
just computers when talking about allocating IP addresses. Are we not also
to assume the same
for emerging technologies that ordinary users will need an allocation of a
range of addresses for things
such as 'the internet fridge by LG' , things like remote access from their
phones to turn the oven on, to
adjust the air-con, to record a TV program. And hundreds of other household
uses I can't
think of right now.Or will these also be done by proxy.

As I see it, the average household will undoubtedly have more than one
'computer' .

Gav...

---
Checked for Viruses (Viri) , Gav...