[6bone] RE: [ipv6-wg@ripe.net] Update on IPv6 filter recommendation

ginny@arin.net ginny@arin.net
Mon, 19 May 2003 08:51:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Gert Doering wrote:

> Unfortunately the ARIN database is too broken to permit queries like
> "tell me everything inside 2001:500::/32" (the RIPE and APNIC databases
> do this just fine).  So you'll have to check them manually - tedious -
> or check

Currently ARIN WHOIS does not support CIDR queries. However, the
information you desire can be obtain. The best way to get this, would be
to query the following:

2001:0500*
2001:0504*

This would provide the information in list format. If you would like full
details of all these allocations, query:

+2001:0500*
+2001:0504*

More information on how to use the ARIN WHOIS can be found in a tutorial
locate at:
    http://www.arin.net/library/training/WHOIS_CBT/whois.htm

Ginny Listman
Director of Engineering