[6bone] RE: [ipv6-wg@ripe.net] Update on IPv6 filter recommendation

Gert Doering gert@space.net
Fri, 16 May 2003 15:35:41 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 06:20:24AM -0700, Bill Manning wrote:
> % So if that address space isn't visible, the prerequisites are not
> % fulfilled, obviously, and it would be in the boundaries of the policy
> % to take the address space back.
> 	Visable to whom?

To the majority of the internet users (as you insist on claiming that
there is nothing as "the global routing table").

The Internet is an *Inter*network.  It's about connecting all of it
together, not building small splinter networks that have no connectivity.

There is currently no provision in the IPv6 policy for people that just
want some local/VPN connectivity and no global routing.  Maybe that needs
changing as well.  (Site-locals had some potential for "local" things,
but they are dead, as far as I understand).  David, could you put that
on your list of things to consider?

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  54495  (54267)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster@Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299