[6bone] (OT but Relevant) Recent spammer tactics - BGP Hijacking

Gert Doering gert@space.net
Tue, 13 May 2003 15:18:12 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 07:58:31AM +0100, Andy Furnell wrote:
[..]
> > If someone "leaks" something to us once, we will help them establish
> > appropriate policy to prevent future "leaks."  If they do it twice, they
> > face the wrath of "neighbor [x.x.x.x|xx:xx:xx:xx] shutdown" on our
> > side.  It tends to get them thinking in a more responsible manner and if
> > NOT, they're not the kind of peer we wish to interact with.
>
> Sure, but can we at least agree that a routing registry for IPv6
> prefixes would make this job a little easier? :)

People are working on RPSLng, and there should be something available
"soon".

As far as I understand, the RIPE folks already have some test server
for that, so you can see how it looks like in whois output (rpslng.ripe.net,
port 53001, rpslng-auto@ripe.net).

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  54495  (54267)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster@Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299