[6bone] Re: [ipv6-wg@ripe.net] Update on IPv6 filter recommendation

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Mon, 12 May 2003 14:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

%  1) waiving 200 /48 assignments could enable any 1-person consulting
% business with 1 customer to get a /32

	that might be an issue.

%  2) micro-allocations are useless unless they're routed, and there is no
% community concensus that they're the right thing to do at the moment.

	routed to whom?  I may have no desire to have you hear my routes

%  3) there kinds of policy changes should occur on a different level, like
% global-v6 mailing list and/or the IETF, not just one RIR.

	there is this fundamental logic flaw that there is a single
	global routing system.  there is not and never has been.

--bill