[6bone] (OT but Relevant) Recent spammer tactics - BGP Hijacking

Marc Hultquist hultq@iafrica.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 10:24:58 +0200

I have to take my comments back on the sa being a long way off on the IPV6
scene.
It was stupid and as was pointed out to me by someone I was completly in the
wrong
in my comments.

Therefore I would just like to say sorry etc etc about any previous comments
or statements
I made.

--
 Marc Hultquist
 Polykarbon South Africa CEO
 marc@polykarbon.co.za
 +27 82 549-5467 / +27 11 465-6515
 http://www.polykarbon.co.za
 General Enquiries: info@polykarbon.co.za
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeroen Massar" <jeroen@unfix.org>
To: "'Marc Hultquist'" <hultq@iafrica.com>; "'6Bone'"
<6bone@mailman.isi.edu>
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 3:25 PM
Subject: RE: [6bone] (OT but Relevant) Recent spammer tactics - BGP
Hijacking

Marc Hultquist wrote:

> I have to Agree with John on this Matter. IF the providers would be
> good enough to Filter the customers responsability, then there would
> not be a problem now would there?

The Lazy Admin Problem(tm) :)

> Living in South Africa, IPV6 is still a long way off but then again

Why would IPv6 we be a long way off ?

Okay let's test my geography <grin>
>From http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/tla/all/?country=africa

It appears that there are currently

2001:528::/32 TELKOMSAV6
2001:588::/32 UU-IPV6-1-ZA
2001:8f8::/32 AE-EMIRNET-20020920
2001:970::/32 TN-ATI-20021024

2001:528::/32 & 2001:8f8::/32 have not been detected by GRH though
the other 2 are visible. It's not much but it is something.
Africa probably needs even more IPv6 advocacy than the US :)

Greets,
 Jeroen