[6bone] report of 6bone planning BOF

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:55:25 +0100

Todd T. Fries wrote:

> As has been pointed out to me, v6 tunnels are available to
> production address space.  The only thing we are really
> talking about is 'where do you get your IPv6 addresses from'.
> I've been using the 6bone for production for nearly two
> years now at my apartment.  I do not mind a bit moving to
> production

Which is indeed another good point for 'ending' the 6bone:
'Playtime' (read: experimentation) is over and ISP's will
consider that it's now really ready for production.
And this has been proven by the 6bone.

Albeit in that respect I think one can really consider
the 6bone a great success. Many problems where found and
solved and a lot of operational experience has been gained.
And there are still 3 years left to gain more of that ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen