[6bone] report of 6bone planning BOF

Jonathan Guthrie jguthrie@brokersys.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:07:32 -0600

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 01:25:12PM +0100, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 10:35:08AM -0800, Bob Fink wrote:

> > > The 6bone phaseout proposal was discussed with a strong consensus reached
> > > on a pTLA allocation cutoff date of Jan 1, 2004 and a 6bone turn off date
> > > of June 6, 2006 (6/6/6).

> > I think it's insane to set a date for the end of the 6bone when there is
> > no replacement for it in the USA.

> You will discover soon that this will change in the next few months ...

I doubt it, but if so then why not wait until then to set the date?  If,
as everyone seems to think, that will happen before I finish typing this
message, then you can still schedule it to be next January and look
like geniuses.  If, as I think, that there still will be no way for my
network to get native IPv6 on January 1 2004, then I'll have to have no
IPv6 access.  The jury is still out on whether that hurts you more than
it does me.
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Sto pro veritate